1. Register for your DoD Emerging Technologies Talent Marketplace Account
2. Complete the Essentials Questionnaire — this is a questionnaire to find out more about you, your skills, and your preferences. The Essentials Questionnaire is comprised of these sections:
- General Information
- Preferences + Background
- Education & Training
- Military Experience
- Skills Verification
3. On the “Statuses” screen in the General Information section, be sure to select “I’m interested in rotational programs within DoD, such as the Cyber Workforce Rotation Program (CWRP) ….” and fill in your current organization information, position title, and years in your current position.
4. Be sure to identify Skills Verifiers when prompted. These are individuals who can verify your skill sets and experiences.
5. In the Preferences + Background section and the Preferred Organizations screen, be sure to select any DoD agencies that interest you.
6. After you’ve completed your Essentials Questionnaire, you’ll be taken to your Candidate Profile screen. You’ll find the Talent Marketplace icon in the upper right portion of your browser. Click it to view any rotation opportunities currently posted — and keep checking back for more postings!
7. You can save any opportunities that interest you to your My Opportunity Cart. There you may review all of your saved opportunities at your convenience.
8. If you find a rotation opportunity that interests you, perform a Hat Toss! This is the way to place your Candidate Profile in front of recruiters for rotation opportunities for review. When you Hat Toss, you will be asked to complete your supevisor information so that they can provide their endorsement for your participation in the program.
What happens when my rotational assignment is finished?
When your rotational assignment ends, you will return to your assigned duties within your host organization. You will also complete an end-of-rotation/follow-on program evaluation.
How is my rotational assignment funded?
Your Home Organization is responsible for funding your travel and per diem expenses to and from the rotational assignment, if outside your local commuting area, and will continue to fund your salary and benefits during the assignment. Additionally, your Host Organization is responsible for funding any travel and other rotational assignment-related costs incurred during your rotational assignment, in accordance with Joint Travel Regulations.
Will there be an orientation session for the rotational assignment?
Yes. The DoD CIO will provide participants, Host Organization supervisors, and Home Organization supervisors with the information needed to benefit from a smooth transition in and out of rotational assignments.