1. Register for your DoD Emerging Technologies Talent Marketplace Account
2. Complete the Essentials Questionnaire — this is a questionnaire to find out more about you, your skills, and your preferences. The Essentials Questionnaire is comprised of these sections:
- Citizenship + Military
- General Information
- Preferences + Background
3. On the “Statuses” screen in the General Information section, be sure to select “DoD employee with at least 1 year in my current position looking for a rotational opportunity in the Cyber Workforce Rotation Program (CWRP)”
4. Be sure to identify Skills Verifiers when prompted. These are individuals who can verify your skill sets and experiences.
5. In the Preferences + Background section and the Preferred Organizations screen, be sure to select any DoD agencies that interest you. Also, you’ll find these agencies participating currently in CWRP:
- Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA)
- Joint Staff
- U.S. Fleet Cyber Command (USFLEETCYBERCOM)
- U.S. Marine Forces Cyber Command (MARFORCYBERCOM)
- Sixteenth Air Force (Air Forces Cyber)
- DoD Principal Cyber Advisor (PCA)
6. After you’ve completed your Essentials Questionnaire, you’ll be taken to your Candidate Profile screen. You’ll find the Talent Marketplace icon in the upper right portion of your browser. Click it to view any rotation opportunities currently posted — and keep checking back for more postings!
7. You can save any opportunities that interest you to your My Opportunity Cart. There you may review all of your saved opportunities at your convenience.
8. If you find a rotation opportunity that interests you, perform a Hat Toss! This is the way to place your Candidate Profile in front of recruiters for rotation opportunities for review.
What happens when my rotational assignment is finished?
When your rotational assignment ends, you will return to your assigned duties within your host organization. You will also complete an end-of-rotation/follow-on program evaluation.
How is my rotational assignment funded?
Your Home organization/agency is responsible for funding your travel and per diem expenses to and from the rotational assignment and will continue to fund your salary and benefits during the assignment. Additionally, your Host organization/agency is responsible for funding any travel and other rotational assignment-related costs incurred during your rotational assignment, in accordance with Joint Travel Regulations.
Will there be an orientation session for the rotational assignment?
Yes. The DoD CIO will provide participants, Host organization supervisors, and Home organization supervisors with the information needed to benefit from and smoothly transition in and out of rotational assignments.